Welcome to my blog. Here you will find an irregular record of my haphazard progress through an eclectic mix of projects, games and other assorted wargames-related nonsense.


You came here looking for toast and tea? Pop in a couple of slices and put a brew on. This blog is best enjoyed with hot buttered toast and a mug of strong, hot tea*.


*Warning - may contain puns.


Wednesday 26 December 2018

Cruel Seas Christmas



Santa (or one of his elves) must read this blog. Look what I got for Christmas! 

Yes, the Cruel Seas Starter Box - Strike Fast. Strike Hard!



I've not had time to do more than open the box and check the contents (all present and correct), but I shall no doubt take a closer look during the Christmas break.


There has been a good deal of 'noise' recently about quality issues, pages of published errata and some critical comments about rules ambiguities and historical inaccuracies - but I'm trying not to let that spoil my enjoyment. The message that seems to be coming through so far is 'Flawed but Fun', so I'm very much looking forward to reading through the rules and also seeing how they match up the four key requirements for WWII coastal action rules that I covered in my previous posts.


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment