Welcome to my blog. Here you will find an irregular record of my haphazard progress through an eclectic mix of projects, games and other assorted wargames-related nonsense.


You came here looking for toast and tea? Pop in a couple of slices and put a brew on. This blog is best enjoyed with hot buttered toast and a mug of strong, hot tea*.


*Warning - may contain puns.


Sunday 9 April 2023

Imperial Alternative

Another small addition to my forces for Star Wars: Legion; an Imperial officer from AGM / Alternative Gaming Miniatures. 


AGM used to produce some interesting Star Wars inspired miniatures and I've added a few of them to my collection in the past, usually when they were running a sale as they were otherwise pretty pricey. They are traditionally sculpted, cast in resin and scale well with the official Star Wars: Legion miniatures. Sadly, they appear to be out of production now. I believe the owner did announce a permanent closure then reappeared briefly, but their website has displayed a 'closed for maintenance' message for a long time now.


This figure came with a choice of two separate heads (helmet and peaked cap) and a choice of two separate hand weapons. Assembly was very straightforward. All the parts were very cleanly cast, requiring a minimum of cleanup and preparation prior to painting. The nice crisp detail on the miniature meant painting was a joy.


I've photographed him here with a couple of the barricades from the Star Wars: Legion boxed set as I had forgotten to include pictures of them in my previous posts.




No comments:

Post a Comment