Welcome to my blog. Here you will find an irregular record of my haphazard progress through an eclectic mix of projects, games and other assorted wargames-related nonsense.


You came here looking for toast and tea? Pop in a couple of slices and put a brew on. This blog is best enjoyed with hot buttered toast and a mug of strong, hot tea*.


*Warning - may contain puns.


Sunday 17 March 2019

Seven Samurai



After a bit of a hiatus, here's something a bit different from the run of WWII coastal warfare posts I've previously been churning out - The Seven Samurai. 

I picked these up goodness-knows how many years ago. I do remember it was at Partizan, back when the show was still held at Kelham Hall. They are produced by 1st Corps and I still recall having a long conversation with the guy on the stand about the Kurosawa movie.

At the time I had quite a collection of Dixon Miniatures samurai and I picked these up as they were a good match size-wise. I fell out of love with Dixon samurai long ago and sold off my collection to raise funds for other projects, but I held on to these miniatures. 

They don't really fit in with my current favourite Samurai miniatures (Kingsford). The sculpting style is quite 'chunky' and a bit cartoonish, but I think they have lots of character and I do like them for that. Plus, they were a joy to paint. I'm really happy with how they turned out.















Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment